Category - Styles-Vita-Food-And-Environment

Omega-3 fatty acids

Omega-3 fatty acids

Omega-3s are compounds that belong to the group of fatty acids or lipids. They are commonly referred to as "good fats", due to their beneficial and essential properties since the body is unable to produce them and for this reason they must necessarily

Aflatoxins

Aflatoxins

Aflatoxins are substances produced by some micro-fungi that can develop on vegetables such as cereals (in particular corn), oil seeds (such as peanuts), spices, grains, dried and dried fruit, both during cultivation and during

Drinking water

Drinking water

Drinking water is a primary need for the health of people and the community and has always been linked to the development of life and civilization. Regulations and controls in Italy

Antioxidants

Antioxidants

From a chemical point of view, the term antioxidant means a substance capable of counteracting, slowing down or neutralizing the formation of oxygen radicals that are formed as a result of oxidation reactions. Read here how they work

Food additives

Food additives

Food additives are substances used in the food industry in the preparation, storage and marketing of food products. They perform functions such as coloring, sweetening or preserving. All additives

Cinnamon

Cinnamon

Cinnamon is one of the best known and oldest spices, it is often used in cooking as it makes food tastier. Today it is mainly used for the preparation of sweets and drinks

Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates are substances formed by carbon and water and are mainly contained in foods of plant origin, mostly in cereals. They have a fundamental role in human nutrition as they represent the main source of energy

Cholesterol and diet

Cholesterol and diet

Cholesterol is a type of fat that performs extremely important functions in the body. About 80% is produced by the body, the remaining 20% ​​is introduced through the foods that contain it. A healthy and regular diet, accompanied by

Cereals

Cereals

The term cereal refers to any herbaceous plant, wheat, corn, oats, barley, spelled, which produces starchy, floury, edible seeds, commonly and improperly called grains; from their grinding we obtain flour, They are used both

Chondroitin sulfate

Chondroitin sulfate

Chondroitin sulfate is a high molecular weight polysaccharide, i.e. a long chain made up of sugar molecules. Its physiological function is to maintain the elasticity of the cartilage, prevent its degradation and mitigate

Hair dyes or dyes

Hair dyes or dyes

The dyes present in hair dyes are regulated by Regulation (EC) no. 1223/2009) which, which entered into force in Italy in July 2013, has among its main purposes that of guaranteeing the protection of health and information for consumers.

Turmeric

Turmeric

Turmeric is a plant used in cooking for its nutritional properties. The part used is the rhizome. How can it be used? Are there any limits? Indications and warnings

Diet

Diet

Diet in general is synonymous with correct, healthy and balanced nutrition. It must be as diverse as possible and with the right caloric intake

DASH diet

DASH diet

The DASH diet is a diet that favors fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates from whole grains, low-fat dairy products, fish, white meat, vegetable oils and provides for a substantial decrease or elimination of red meat